Obtaining a payroll subscription with your QuickBooks software is the best way to manage employee paychecks and focus on other aspects of your business. Accounting software saves a lot of time by taking care of all financial and payroll activities. But when using payroll, you may encounter some errors such as QuickBooks Error PS060.
In this blog, we will list the reasons for this as well as solutions so that you get a hassle-free accounting experience. So, whenever you get an error message that says – The current enhanced payroll service is not available, follow the solutions below
Causes of QuickBooks Error PS060
Knowing the reason or reasons behind QuickBooks payroll errors makes the resolution process easier. The reasons also help you in preventing future problems. In addition, when you are well aware of the reasons in advance, you know which remedy to look for.
Here’s why QuickBooks payroll error PS060 occurs: –
- Unstable Intuit Server
- QuickBooks payroll subscription has expired
- Virus attack or third-party application intervention
- The payroll software version you are using is outdated or out-dated.
How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
This problem is very similar to the QuickBook payroll update error PS033 and many users are confused. The solutions to both problems are completely different, so read them all carefully.
Solution # 1:
Typically, QuickBooks Error PS060 causes billing and subscription issues. To eliminate this problem, just use the steps given below: –
- Click the My Account tab that appears under the self-service subscription option provided by Intuit to all users.
- Now, select the company file with the software that is displaying the error and needs to be repaired.
- Go to the Billing section, click on Search and Edit Options.
- Confirm the data and ensure that the membership appears to be active and non-visible. If it expires, make the necessary changes and save them.
- Then, click the Close button, by doing so the changes will be automatically updated.
- You can also check the preview of the billing statement to verify everything. Once checked, click save for the last time and sign out of the software.
Solution # 2
From the official QuickBooks or Intuit website, update your software. This solution is especially for those using a very old or out-dated version of payroll or software. Just install and download the latest payroll update and then check for QuickBooks payroll issues.
- How to download the latest update:
- Choose Employee from the menu and then get the Payroll Update button.
- Select Download full payroll update.
- Then click on update.
Solution # 3
As discussed above, issues with Intuit services can also cause an error. If that’s the case, all you need to do is be patient and wait for the website’s server to work again.
Solution # 4
If third-party interference and virus attack are the reason behind the error, then you need to scan the ADPS thoroughly. The problem will then be resolved with the customer support of that program.
In this blog, I will tell you how to troubleshoot QuickBooks payroll error PS060. I hope my information is useful for QuickBooks users. In case, you face difficulty in understanding any step and you want more information about QuickBooks and our Support services. Contact our QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number