It is quite easy to transfer the photos in Camera Roll from the iPhone to the computer. You can just connect the device to PC via a USB cable and then go to Windows File Explorer > Apple iPhone > Internal Storage > DCIM to copy & paste them to the computer.
But this iPhone photos transfer process is not smooth all the time. At times, you may find that your iPhone photos are not showing up on PC or iPhone is not showing all photos on the computer. This is an annoying issue.
To help you get rid of this problem, I collected some useful solutions in this post. Read on and have a try.
Basic Operations to fix iPhone Photos Not Showing up on PC
If you can’t view iPhone photos on PC, they should not be panic. Perhaps, they just forget some regular operations that lead to iPhone pictures not showing up on PC or iPhone not showing all photos on computer.
That way, you can go to check whether you have done the following operations:
- Go to check whether the iPhone is turned on. If not, just boot it.
- The computer can only recognize the photos and videos in the Camera Roll of the iPhone. So, make sure that there are files in Camera Roll.
- Reboot the iPhone and the computer to fix some software issues.
- Unlock the iPhone.
- Make the iPhone trust the computer on the device screen.
- Try another USB cable or USB port.
- Try another computer to see whether the iPhone photos can be recognized.
- Update Windows 10 to the latest version.
- Update iOS to the latest version.
However, if the above methods can’t solve the issue, or even worse, the computer can’t recognize the iPhone, you need to take some other measures to make the computer recognize the iPhone photos.
There are two possible solutions:
Methods 1: Update the Driver for iPhone in Device Manager
If the driver for the iPhone is outdated or corrupted, the iPhone photos will not show up on PC. You can access the Device Manager to update that driver.
Here is a detailed guide:
- Press Win and X at the same time.
- Select Device Manager from the popup Quick Access menu.
- Unfold the Portable Devices
- Right-click on the Apple iPhone option and select Update driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Then Select the needed device driver.
- Click Next to start installing the driver on PC.
- When the installing process ends, click Close to shut down the window.
- Quit Device Manager.
- Reboot the computer.
Then, you can re-connect the iPhone to the computer and go to check whether you can find the iPhone photos on the machine.
But, if the iPhone photos not showing up on PC issue persists, you can try to troubleshoot the iPhone to solve the problem.
Check Out Some Types of Computer Repair Services
Method 2: Troubleshoot the iPhone on PC
While some users said they enter the Control Panel to troubleshoot the iOS device and then their computer began to recognize their iPhone photos.
You can follow these steps to do the job:
- Click Start.
- Input control panel into the search box and press Enter.
- Select the first search result.
- Go to Hardware and Sound > View devices and printers > Unspecified.
- Right-click on iPhone and select Troubleshoot.
- The detecting process will automatically start. When it ends, you can follow the on-screen guide to troubleshoot the device.
- Reboot the computer and the iPhone.
At last, you can connect the iPhone to PC and go to check whether the issue of iPhone photos not showing up on PC is solved.
Use Third-Party Software to Transfer iPhone Photos to PC
You can also transfer the iPhone photos to PC using third-party software. This kind will be helpful if you can’t solve iPhone pictures not showing up on PC.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS is a good choice. The feature of Recover from iOS Device can detect files from the iPhone and then users can save your iPhone photos to the computer. You can visit the MiniTool official site to get the free edition of this software.
Then, connect the iPhone, open the software, select the first recovery module and follow the guide to transfer iPhone photos to PC.
After reading this post, you should master the skills of handling the iPhone photos not showing up on PC.
Read More VidMate – An Easy to Use App